SP flash Tool is a handy flashing Software that can be used to restore a bricked MTK Android Device. It supports almost all Android Phones that run on MediaTek Chip-set, unlike other tools that perform a similar task, SP Flash tool is basically free and it requires neither a Box nor dongle to start working. In this guide, we provide latest version 5.19 download link of Smartphone Flash Tool.
SP Flash Tool Features
- Flash Stock ROM (Scatter Based)
- Flash Pre Resources file
- Format and Hard reset
- Flash Custom ROM (Scatter based)
- Erasing / Formatting / Reset Your MTK based device.
- Advanced Memory testing and verifying
How to Use SP Flash Tool on your PC or Laptop
Step 1: Download SP Tool
Latest SP flash tool v5.1916 | Download Now
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on Your device.
To enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging refer our guide 4 Steps to Enable Developer Option USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking On Android Device. Until and unless you enable this option, you won’t be able to carry on with the unlocking process.
Step 3: Backup All your data
Unlocking the bootloader would completely wipe all the data from the device. So before beginning with the process, it is extremely important to have a complete backup of all your data- media files, contacts, call logs, app data, and other important data. Try to copy all the possible data to your PC/laptop.
Step 4: Flash Stock Firmware with the help of SP Flash Tool
- Download and Extract Stock Firmware on your computer. Open the SP Tool and run sptool.exe as Administrator.
- Click on Scatter-Loading option. SP Flash Tool ask you the location of the scatter file in your PC. You will find it in the extracted Stock ROM folder. Now go to the Rom folder and select the file Android_scatter_emmc.txt which is your stock Rom scatter file.
- Now Select firmware upgrade from drop-down menu then click on Download and Connect your switch off phone with The PC via original USB cable. A list with ticked boxes should appear in SP Flash tool (PRELOADER, MBR, EBR1, UBOOT etc.)
- Un-tick the Box in front of any item you do not wish to Flash. (Optional: If you forget your Phone password you can easily wipe your data by ticking “USRDATA” at the bottom)
- SP Tool auto-detect your phone and process will start. (Note: Don’t interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device. Make sure no power interruption takes place)
- Be patient on till you get a success Message (A green Cycle with OK)
Disconnect the Phone from the USB Cable, remove the Battery for 10 seconds (if removable), reinsert the battery and power up the Phone. Finally, go to recovery mode and do a factory reset to clear any error. Congratulations !!
If you feel any problem of flashing or update your phone then watch this video. I hope you like this article “use SP Flash Tool” and you can easily install or flash ROM and custom recovery on your Android device. If feel any problem in this guide then please use comment box. Thank You!