Are you looking decryption enabled TWRP for UMIDIGI F1 ? You are at right place because in this guide will Install 3.3.1 TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI F1 using Fastboot command. UMIDIGI F1 already has Official TWRP built for it, but none of them seem to have decryption working properly. In fact, every single TWRP even official ones for any MT6771 device seem to have non-functional decryption support.
UMIDIGI F1 got a big 6.3 inches FHD + waterdrop notch display, Helio P60 processor, a large battery capacity powered with 5150mah and Android Pie version Installed. If you’re looking for ways to customize the software for more features or for optimizing the performance and battery life, then you can do so by installing custom ROMs or kernels. But to do any of that, you must first install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
Advantages and Disadvantages of TWRP
Before you furher go through the guide, you must know features and disadvantages of using TWRP and avoid any confusions.
- Taking Nandroid backups and restoring them.
- Installing custom ROMs, kernels, mods, and any other flashable zips.
- Installing partition images (system, boot, etc)
- System Updates will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to install TWRP Recovery on your device.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data. Although this procedure will not wipe any data on your phone, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- In order to flash TWRP recovery, you must first enable OEM unlocking and unlocked Bootloader of your UMIDIGI F1.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
Download 3.3.1-umidigi-f1.img | Download Now
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer PeterCxy!
Once you have succeeded to download TWRP recovery for your Android phone, follow the installation instructions below.
How to Install Unofficial 3.3.1 TWRP for UMIDIGI F1
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot with the help of shortcut your created on desktop or browse the location where binaries are installed and click on “cmd here”. Alternative is While holding the SHIFT, right-click in an empty location inside the folder and select ‘Open command window here.
- Now Connect your Android Device to Windows PC via USB Cable. and reboot the Device intro Fastboot mode manually or by typing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Phone will reboot into Fastboot mode, Check if it is recognised successfully by your PC by typing command
- Now we will Install TWRP Recovery by using the following Command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot phone into recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power buttons together
Now your device in TWRP Recovery mode. You can Root UMIDIGI F1 by using Magisk otherwise tap on Reboot option.
The official ROM may overwrite the recovery, so you may need to re-flash the recovery if this behavior isn’t prevented either by TWRP or manually. I hope you hadn’t any problems while installing TWRP for UMIDIGI F1. If you have any questions or difficulty related to this article then drop a comment in comment section below.