This article will guide you to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A & M Series new Phones. By using TWRP recovery you can Root or Install any Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Unlocking bootloader on Galaxy A/M does not enough by enabling OEM unlock option although KG State / RMM State is not Prenormal and OEM unlock option is enabled.
Although Samsung has done a great job building its new One UI software which runs on the Galaxy phone out-of-the-box. But it still poses a lot of issues to the custom development scene. This is primarily caused by certain security features (Like KG/RMM State, DEFEX, etc) introduced by the manufacturer. While these features are actually beneficial for an average user, but they also act as a barrier when it comes to things like rooting or install custom recoveries like TWRP.
Points to Remember before Unlocking bootloader
- Once you have unlocked your Samsung Galaxy bootloader, you’ll get a bootloader unlocked warning every time you reboot your phone.
- The process also requires that your device be formatted so make sure you have a backup of everything important, even files on the internal storage.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy devices.
Step by Step Guide to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy
Let’s unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy devices. For your ease and understanding, we have split this guide into five steps.
Step 1: Install USB Drivers on your PC.
Download & Install Samsung USB Drivers to transfer data between Android device and PC your computer system. This step will help you in future whenever you want to Root and Install TWRP recovery on your phone.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on Your device.
To enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging refer our guide 4 Steps to Enable Developer Option USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking On Android Device. Until and unless you enable this option, you won’t be able to carry on with the unlocking process.
Step 3: Backup All your data
Unlocking the bootloader would completely wipe all the data from the device. So before beginning with the process, it is extremely important to have a complete backup of all your data- media files, contacts, call logs, app data, and other important data. Try to copy all the possible data to your PC/laptop.
Step 4: Enter Download Mode
Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together then while pressing these keys connect the phone to PC with USB data cable. Release all keys when Download Mode appears
Step 5: Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy
- In Download Mode you can see the long press Vol Up option to enter Device Unlock Mode. Unlock the bootloader ( that will wipe your device so be sure to backup of your data )
- Read description on the Unlock Bootloader screen then use Volume UP to select “YES” to confirm and “No” to cancel unlock bootloader and restart the phone.
- After Bootloader unlock, the phone will reboot and make sure the phone connected to the internet or triggers KG State / RMM State Prenormal.
- Setup the phone without google account etc.
The Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy device is permanently unlocked! By doing this procedure you void device warranty!. Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again. This method will work on other models A20, A30, A50, M30 and many more.