Are you looking TWRP for Vizio Smartcast Tablet XR6M10/XR6P10 ? Want to Root Vizio Tablet! then you at right place. Because in this tutorial you will learn how to flash TWRP Recovery by using QFil Flash Tool. Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, kernels, mods, take Nandroid backups and restore them.
If you have TWRP installed on your phone then you will able to Root Vizio Smartcast Tablet via Magisk easily. The VIZIO Smartcast Android Tablet Remote XR6M is a wireless touch screen remote control that is compatible with all Vizio P-series and M-series display TVs. This version was released in 2017. It has a 6-inch HD LCD display and dual stereo speakers.
Advantages and Disadvantages of TWRP
Before you furher go through the guide, you must know features and disadvantages of using TWRP and avoid any confusions.
- Taking Nandroid backups and restoring them.
- Installing custom ROMs, kernels, mods, and any other flashable zips.
- Installing partition images (system, boot, etc)
- System Updates will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a backup first! we strongly recommend taking a full backup of all your data.
- Download Qualcomm USB Drivers and setup on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset
- Download QFil Flash Tool and extract it.
- Your smartphone must have a sufficient charged battery.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below
Install TWRP for Vizio Smartcast Tablet XR6M10/XR6P10
In brief: We have to download TWRP file and A Flash Tool called Qualcomm Flash Image Loader. After downloading these two files go for further instructions mentioned in step by step guide and Install TWRP for Vizio Smartcast Tablet XR6M10/XR6P10.
Step 1: Download TWRP for
XR6M10 | Download Now
XR6P10 | Download Now
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer deadman96385!
Step 2: Launch QFil Flash Tool and Load Flash file
- Once you have extract QFil Flash Tool, Open QFIL.exe by double click.
- Now extract the downloaded TWRP file in that QFil folder or on desktop.
- In QFil main window click on ‘Select Build Type’ field select ‘Flat Build’
- Next, the “Select Programmer” field navigate to the folder you extracted the firmware and support files to and select the prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn file
- Select the ‘Load XML’ button and navigate to the folder you extracted the firmware and support files to and select the rawprogram0.xml and then the patch0.xml when prompted.
Step 3: Enter Phone into EDL mode
Make sure you have Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Look at your phone for the “Allow USB debugging?“ message, select “Always allow from this computer“ and click OK. If you forget to allow from phone, the command will return“unauthorized“, if OK you will see your phone as “device“ .
- Now open command prompt and type :
- Now it’s time to open our so called Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008 service port to work with. If your phone is in working condition, we will use an adb command from command prompt :
adb reboot edl
Step 4: Flash TWRP Recovery
After successful reboot into ‘edl’ mod, it’s time to begin flashing process.
- On top of the QFil you will see ‘No Port Available’ click the ‘Select Port…’ option and pick your device. If your device isn’t showing up there you didn’t install the drivers properly.
- At this point, click on the Download button and ensure not to interrupt the process, just wait for the flash process to complete.
Flashing process may take up to 4-5 minutes to complete. And Once the flashing process is completed you will be able to see Finished Message. That’s it! A detailed guide “Install TWRP for Vizio Smartcast Tablet XR6M10/XR6P10”