Want to Install TWRP for Redmi K20 Pro or Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro running on MIUI 11? then you are at right place. This new updated guide will help you Install TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Android 10 update.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Redmi K20 Pro to gain root access.
Back in June 2019, Xiaomi released the Redmi K20 Pro in India and China, also known as the ‘Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro’ for the global market. The phone boasts some exceptional specifications and is sure to give its competitor a run for their money.
Powered by the Snapdragon 855 processor and 6GB of RAM, it would surely provide among the smoothest user experience.
Well, in either case, you might want to install a custom ROM on Redmi K20 Pro device. But in order to do that, you must first install a custom recovery like TWRP.
Furthermore, if you’d like, you can also root your phone using Magisk, that certainly has its own perks. For starters, you can install Modules to add more features to the software or use MagiskHide to hide root from certain apps that might detect it.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data. Do note that we are going to format data in TWRP Recovery to avoid any encryption issue. Also it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- Very Essential : In order to flash TWRP recovery, you must first unlocked Bootloader on Redmi K20 Pro.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot must be Installed on your PC.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi K20 Pro | Download Now
- Disable Force Encryption | Download Now
- Magisk Installer latest version zip
Important: After downloading twrp image file rename it to ‘recovery.img‘ and place where Minimal ADB and Fastboot were installed.
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer abhishek987. Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install TWRP for Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
Step-by-step Guide How to Install TWRP for Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
In brief: First we have to first download TWRP img, Other required files and flash them with the help of Fastboot commands. For your ease and understanding, we have split this guide into five steps.
Step 1: Boot into fastboot mode
Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to PC. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this; Press and hold down the Volume Down+Power buttons together for some time. It will boot your mobile into ‘Fastboot mode’
Step 2: Connect phone to computer
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot with the help of shortcut your created on desktop or browse the location where binaries are installed and click on “cmd here”. Alternative is While holding the SHIFT, right-click in an empty location inside the folder and select ‘Open command window here.
- Now Connect your Android Device to Windows PC via USB Cable which was provided by manufacturer.
- Check if it is recognised successfully by your PC by typing command
Step 3: Flash TWRP recovery
In order to flash TWRP for Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro you need to enter the the following command in command prompt
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 4: Boot in Recovery mode
Type the below command to Boot into TWRP.
fastboot boot recovery.img
At this phase your phone will boot into the TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until the magisk installation is not finish.
Step 5: Install Magisk and Root your phone
- Once entering the TWRP, Swipe to allow modification and Take Nandroid Backup to external storage if you care. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- The first thing we will do in TWRP recovery is the ‘Format data’ to avoid any difficulties. Click on Wipe data>Format data, swipe right to confirm.
- Once the process is finished click on home button and tap on Reboot>Recovery
- The phone will back into TWRP Recovery click on Mount>Enable MTP to show up your device in computer so as to copy the files which are you previously downloaded. If you see Disable MTP option then you don’t need to do anything.
- Now copy the the Magisk and Disable Force Encryption zip files to your phone’s internal storage and disconnect your device from PC.
- Tap on the ‘Install‘ button and select Disable Encryption file.
- Go back to main menu by pressing home button and Install>Select>Magisk Installer zip
- If you get error 1 message, don’t worry! You are one step away to Root your device.
- In Next step, click on Mount>select cache, system, vendor, data and firmware then click on home button.
- Finally, Tap on ‘Reboot‘ button and select Recovery one more time.
- Click on Install>Select Magisk zip and swipe to complete the process. TWRP will start flashing Magisk without any error.
Once it is done! All you need to just click on ‘Reboot system‘. Your phone will boot up into system. Although, fisrt boot will take upto 5 to 10 min to boot up. Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro should now be rooted using Magisk.
You can go ahead and launch the Magisk Manager app. You can use it to manage superuser permissions for apps that require root, install modules for additional features, or use MagiskHide to hide root from certain root-detecting apps.
There you go! This was our comprehensive guide on how to Install TWRP for Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro & Root using Magisk. If you face any issues while performing the procedure, then you can let us know by commenting below.