Unofficial 3.3.1 stable version of TWRP Recovery is now available for BLU R1 Plus. This guide will you to Install TWRP Recovery for BLU R1 Plus and Unlock Bootloader. Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, kernels, mods, take Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk installer zip to root your phone.
Blu R1 Plus was launched in April 2017 & runs on Android 6.0 OS. The Smartphone is available only in one color i.e. Slate Grey & provides a host of connectivity options in terms of 3G, 4G, GPS, Wifi Bluetooth capabilities. The phone comes in 16GB & 32GB variants.
Why TWRP Recovery ?
If you’re looking for ways to customize the software for more features or for optimizing the performance and battery life, then you can do so by installing custom ROMs or kernels. But to do any of that, you must first install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data. Although this procedure will not wipe any data on your phone, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- Download and install USB drivers of your specific phone’s brand on your PC.
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer lopestom!
How to Install TWRP Recovery for BLU R1 Plus and Unlock Bootloader
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot with the help of shortcut your created on desktop or browse the location where binaries are installed and click on “cmd here”
- Rename the TWRP file to recovery.img and place in adb and fastboot folder
- Now Connect your Android Device to Windows PC via USB Cable. and reboot the Device intro Fastboot mode manually or by typing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Phone will reboot into Fastboot mode, Check if it is recognised successfully by your PC by typing command
- The FRP lock must be unloked to avoid failure of TWRP Installation on BLU R1 Plus. Type command line
fastboot flash frp unlock.img
- Unlock Bootloader by typing command
fastboot oem unlockand press volume up on phone to confirm it.
- Now we will Install TWRP Recovery by using the following Command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot will show image flashed successfully but due to BLUs locking of device fastboot, Reboot will not work. To Reboot into ‘Recovery Mode’ Unplug device, Hold power off until device turns off. Reboot into TWRP by pressing and holding volume up button untill you get recovery mode. If you want to Root Blu R1 Plus, then follow the guide ‘Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU‘