Want to Root ? Install TWRP for Micromax Bharat 4 Q440 ? You are at right place. In this article we will explain how to Unlock Bootloader, Root and Install TWRP on Micromax Bharat 4 Q440 running Android 7.0 Nougat.
Micromax Bharat 4 smartphone was launched in September 2017. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. Micromax Bharat 4 is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor. It comes with 1GB of RAM. The Micromax Bharat 4 runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 2500mAh removable battery.
Well, in either case, you might want to install a custom ROM on Micromax Bharat 4 Q440 device. But in order to do that, you must first install a custom recovery like TWRP. Furthermore, if you’d like, you can also root your phone using Magisk, that certainly has its own perks. For starters, you can install Modules to add more features to the software or use MagiskHide to hide root from certain apps that might detect it.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data. Although this procedure will not wipe any data on your phone, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- In order to flash TWRP recovery, you must first enable OEM unlocking and unlocked Bootloader.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot must be Installed on your PC.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install TWRP for Micromax Bharat 4 Q440
Step-by-step Guide How to Install TWRP for Micromax Bharat 4 Q440
In brief: First we have to Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP Recovery and Magisk Patched Boot image simultaneously using Fastboot commands. For your ease and understanding, we have split this guide into five steps.
Step 1: Download TWRP and Patched Boot img
Download twrp.img | Download Now
Patched boot.img | Download Now
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer Fire _Phoenix!
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot with the help of shortcut your created on desktop or browse the location where binaries are installed and click on “cmd here”. Alternative is While holding the SHIFT, right-click in an empty location inside the folder and select ‘Open command window here.
- Now Connect your Android Device to Windows PC via USB Cable. and reboot the Device intro Fastboot mode manually or by typing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Phone will reboot into Fastboot mode, Check if it is recognised successfully by your PC by typing command
- In order to unlock the bootloader type the command
fastboot flashing unlock
- As soon as the command is executed, you should see a confirmation message on your Android device’s screen, seeking your response on unlocking the bootloader.
- Use the Volume buttons to highlight ‘Unlock the Bootloader’, ‘Yes’. Then press the Power button to confirm the selection
That’s it! You have successfully “Unlock Bootloader.
Step 3: Install TWRP Recovery and Patched Boot img
- Rename downloaded twrp.img to recovery.img
- Now we will Install TWRP Recovery by using the following Command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot phone into recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power buttons together
- In order to fix Bootloop you need to flash Boot img using the following command:
fastboot flash boot magisk-patched.img
Your Micromax Bharat 4 Q440 should now be rooted using Magisk. You can go ahead and launch the Magisk Manager app. You can use it to manage superuser permissions for apps that require root, install modules for additional features, or use MagiskHide to hide root from certain root-detecting apps
There you go! This was our comprehensive guide on how to install TWRP for Micromax Bharat 4 Q440. If you face any issues while performing the procedure, then you can let us know by commenting below.