This article will guide you to Download and Install TWRP for Samsung A50 all models which are running on Android 10 Q. Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, kernels, mods, take Nandroid backups and restore them.
Samsung Galaxy A50 attraction is the 6.4 inches of Super AMOLED screen with Infinity-U display. Furthermore, Galaxy A50 features the in-display fingerprint sensor which is the only exclusive feature in the Galaxy A series. More of the Galaxy A50 specs include 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 processor.
TWRP 22.214.171.124 works on variants SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505GT, SM-A505GN, SM-A505G, SM-A505FM and SM-A505YN.
Advantages and Disadvantages of TWRP
Before you furher go through the guide, you must know features and disadvantages of using TWRP and avoid any confusions.
- Taking Nandroid backups and restoring them.
- Installing custom ROMs, kernels, mods, and any other flashable zips.
- Installing partition images (system, boot, etc)
- System Updates will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
- KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone. Your warranty may be voided. However, this may not affect you if your country, European Union, for example, forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.
In breif If you’re looking for ways to customize the software for more features or for optimizing the performance and battery life, then you can do so by installing custom ROMs or kernels. But to do any of that, you must first install TWRP Recovery on your phone.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to install TWRP Recovery on your device.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install TWRP on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data. This procedure will wipe data on your phone.
- In order to flash TWRP recovery, you must first unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
How to Download and Install TWRP for Samsung A50 SM-A505FM/FN/G
For your convenience and better understanding we have divided instructions in five steps.
Step 1: Download TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A50
Download TWRP and Multidisabler for Samsung Galaxy A50 BTC4 Firmware Android 10 from drive link here
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to developer Darkcannibal!
Step 2: Enter stock recovery mode, factory reset and download mode.
- Turn Power Off.
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm then Select Reboot to bootloader.
Now your Samsung A50 in download mode.
Step 3: Flash TWRP .tar file by using computer or laptop
- Launch the Odin tool by double-clicking on the “Odin3 V3.13.3.exe”
- The Odin tool will detect the phone and the “ID:COM” port will be turn to blue or highlighted.
- Click on the AP slot buttons and select the TWRP_A505_QQ_BTC4.tar file
- Now, make sure that “Auto Reboot” is unchecked in the “Options” tab of the Odin tool.
- Finally, click on the “Start” button to flash the TWRP file. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device.
Step 4: Flash multidisabler zip DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data and types yes to confirm.
- Copy multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip to phone using USB data cable.
- Install multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip
- Select Reboot to System ( Don’t reboot to Recovery, you will stuck on Samsung logo. It will boot system without Magisk )
- Setup the phone.
Step 5: Root Samasung A50 and Install Magisk Manager
- Connect the phone to Internet wait for a moment, make sure OEM unlock option is gray out.
- To boot system with Magisk, Enter TWRP and Reboot to Recovery.
- Install Magisk Manager Apk. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
That’s it Now you can easily take backups and restore them easily. I hope you follow the all four steps carefully and Install TWRP for Samsung A50 SM-A505FM/FN/G running on Android 10 Q. If you have any queries or find any difficulty in this guide drop a comment in comment box.