Are you searching Android 10 Custom Rom for Moto X4 ? If yes, then you are at place. This guide we help you to Download & Install Superior OS Rom for Moto X4 Android 10.
SuperiorOS is a AOSP based ROM works on android OS 10 Q. Aim of the this ROM is to fullfil the demands of users regarding features , Stability & perfermance.
Motorola Moto X4 was launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo and Android Pie respectively.
Superior OS Custom ROM for Moto X4 Android 10
Today custom ROMs are getting more popular than stock ROM. This is possible due to the open source nature of Android. Custom ROM allows a person to maximize the performance of his smartphone and gives more control to the user. Besides, stock ROM has its set of performance limitations.
A custom ROM, as the name suggests, is created with customisation with respect to a user community’s requirements. So, it overcomes the limitations that stock OS brings.
The Superior OS ROM is not publicly available thanks to Cool585. This is an unofficial attempt by the developer to help the custom OS enthusiasts to enjoy Android 10 on their Motorola Moto X4. All of the features are working as they would work on the stock firmware.
As of now, no glitches or major bugs have been officially observed. In my opinion, Superior OS is better than iON OS Rom. Because iON has some bugs e.g low sound output, no voice through headphone while calling. Before we go ahead to Android 10 Custom ROM download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at Rom info, what is working and what is not.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install Custom ROM on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- In order to flash Custom ROM, you must have TWRP installed on your Moto X4. If you don’t have TWRP Recovery then follow our guide Download & Install TWRP for Moto X4 on Android Pie 2019
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install Unofficial ionOS v2.1.b on Moto X4 Android 10
Install Superior OS Custom ROM for Moto X4 Android 10
We will try our best to keep the download links up-to-date with the latest builds.
Step 1: Download Custom ROM and Additional files
- Superior OS ROM latest build | Download Now
- Android 10 Gapps | Download Now
- TWRP Installer zip | Download Now
- copy-partitions-payton.zip | Download Now
Important: Store the downloaded file in your device external storage or OTG Drive because in next step we will also format Internal storage.
Step 2: First Time ROM Installation step
The bootloader on the Moto X4 (payton) only comes installed on the active slot. So, DO NOT SWITCH SLOTS until you flash the “copy-partitions-payton.zip” file. This file will automatically install a copy of the bootloader from the active slot (say “a”) to the inactive slot (say “b”). Follow this step if you are installing the ROM for first time.
- Boot your device into TWRP mode.
- Take a full Nandroid Backup to external storage before this steps.(Recommended)
- In TWRP, Tap on wipe, select format data and swipe to confirm.
- Now again go back to wipe, click on advanced and select Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage and System.
- Click home button and tap on Install
- Navigate to the directory where the copy-partitions-payton.zip file was transferred.
- Select the file and swipe to confirm
That’s it! Now your device is ready to Install Unofficial ionOS Custom ROM.
Step 3: Install Superior OS ROM for Moto X4
- Skip step 2 if you have already on any Custom ROM.
- Return to TWRP home, Tap Install button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory. Now add one more zip which is ‘TWRP installer zip’. (Why TWRP Installer zip? Because you will lose your current Installed TWRP Recovery)
- Now approve the installation by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash
- We need to Install Gapps in order to use Google Apps and services. Tap home button and select the gapps zip by tapping Install
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on Reboot System.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, it will ask you to Reboot. Select System to boot your phone, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running Superior OS ROM.
Want to Root Moto X4 on Android 10?
- Download Magisk latest zip. (Magisk 20.1 Recommended)
- Boot your device into TWRP mode.
- Tap on Install button and select the magisk.zip
- After selecting the right zip file swipe to flash
- Lastly, Reboot system now.
So, I hope you have just been able to download and Install Unofficial Superior OS on Moto X4 Android 10 and Root via Magisk. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below