Want to root Android using TWRP Recovery ? Follow this guide to download and install SuperSU zip using TWRP recovery and root your Android device. Rooting an Android device can often be a confusing for those who are stepping in for the first time. For instance, unmanaged root access can allow any app/service to perform actions on your Android device.
SuperSU is a superuser manager app by developer Chainfire, which manages root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. And thankfully, Chainfire has also created a recovery flashable zip file for SuperSU which contains the SuperSU app and the binaries required to get root access. What this means is you can flash the SuperSU zip via a custom recovery and get root access on any Android device.
Points to Remember
- In order to Root Android using SuperSU zip, you must first enable OEM unlocking and unlock the phone’s bootloader. (If your newer device has)
- You must have Installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
- Before you follow the steps, make sure to take a complete backup of your phone. We strongly recommend that you take a Nan-droid backup of your complete ROM
|SuperSU v2.82 SR1 (BETA)||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR2||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR3||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 SR5 Beta (Recommended)||Download|
|SuperSU v2.82 APK||Download|
How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery
- Download the flashable Root ZIP stable/beta package from below downloads
- Boot TWRP recovery on Android using the buttons combination.
- In TWRP, tap on the ‘Install’ button. Navigate to the file location storage and select the ZIP file.
- After selecting the .zip file, do ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get ‘Reboot System’ option, select it.
So once your phone boots, you can start using root-enabled apps and you shall be prompted to allow/deny root permissions. You can easily update the official app directly from the Play Store. To Verify root access, you can download this Root Checker app from Play Store.