Download QFil Flash Tool How to Use new 2020 guide is right here. QFil-Qualcomm Flash Image Loader helps us to flash Stock Firmware, Stock Recovery or a Custom Recovery like TWRP on Qualcomm smartphones and tablets. This guide will help you to Download and Install Qfil Flash Tool on your computer or laptop.
Nowadays, Most of the Android smartphones or tablet devices come with Qualcomm chipset. If you’re using any of the Qualcomm SoC-powered handsets and wants back to Stock ROM or Recover Soft brick Phone then follow the below detailed guide. Before we start proceed, take a look at advantages, prerequisites of QFil Flash Tool.
Advantages of QFil Flash Tool
The Stock ROM is a better option for users who love security and warranty while the Custom ROM is a perfect fit for users who prefer customization and control. Stock ROM comes with some specific features that aren’t found in Custom ROM.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on the phone
- To solve the lag or stutter
- Revert back to stock to get your warranty.
- Unlock forgotten Pattern Lock
QFil Flash Tool Key Features
There are lots of features available for Qualcomm Flash Image Loader Tool But we have mentioned some key features
- Portable App : You don’t need to install the app. Simply Extract the zip and launch the .exe extension file.
- Flash Stock Firmware/Rom : It allows users to flash Stock Firmware on any Qualcomm chipset powered smartphones or tablet devices. By the help of this tool, you can Upgrade, Downgrade, or Reset your smartphone very easily.
- Install Custom Recovery : Just like flashing the Stock ROM on Qualcomm running devices, users can also flash any Custom Recovery like TWRP Just you need .img extension image.
- This guide and tool is only for Qualcomm chipset devices. Don’t even try it on MediaTek or Spreadtrum running devices.
- Take a backup first! we strongly recommend taking a full backup of all your data.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your specific device are installed on the computer.
- Download Qualcomm USB Drivers and setup on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset
- Your smartphone must have a sufficient charged battery.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below
Download QFil Flash Tool How to Use Instructions
For your own convenience and better understanding, we have split the instructions in this guide into four major steps
Step 1: Download QFil Flash Tool
Download Qualcomm Flash Image Loader 126.96.36.199 latest version | Download Now
Step 2: Launch QFil Flash Tool
Once you have downloaded the Flash Tool file, Extract it on your computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files
Open QFIL.exe.Once it launched you will be able to see the following screen on PC.
Step 3: Enter Phone into EDL mode
There are some ways to enable edl mode of your device. If your phone is in working condition then use method 1 otherwise go for alternative method.
Method 1: Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Make sure you have Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Look at your phone for the “Allow USB debugging?“ message, select “Always allow from this computer“ and click OK. If you forget to allow from phone, the command will return“unauthorized“, if OK you will see your phone as “device“ .
- Now open command prompt and type :
- Now it’s time to open our so called Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008 service port to work with. If your phone is in working condition, we will use an adb command from command prompt :
adb reboot edl
Method 2: Using Hardware Keys
- If your phone is bricked / can’t boot up / stuck at logo / restarting itself continuously, then we will use the key combination to open our Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008 service port. That key combination depends on the ROM that you had on your phone before it’s bricked.
- Lollipop Users : Phone must be completely off. Pressing “Volume Up” key plug the USB cable in WITHOUT PRESSING POWER BUTTON ! Port will open.
- Marshmallow Users : Phone must be completely off. Plug the USB cable in and immediately press Power On button. Port will open.
Apart from this in new Smartphones you will also need to short EDL points using twiser.
Step 4: Flash Stock ROM/Custom Recovery
After launching QFil you will get to see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 at the very top of the QFIL GUI (COM XX) indicating a successful connection of your mobile device.
- Under Build type select Flat build.
- Now Click on Programmer>Click on Browse button. Right From dialogue box, select the prog_emmc_firehose mbn file and then click where you see OK.
- Next step, is to click on Load XML button, right from the dialogue box. Select rawprogram xml files and then click on OK
- At this point, click on the Download button and ensure not to interrupt the process, just wait for the flash process to complete.
Flashing process may take up to 4-5 minutes to complete. And Once the flashing process is completed you will be able to see Finished Message. In case you are getting QFIL SAHARA FAIL ERROR, then copy the firmware folder where the QFIL is located. That’s all the complete guide “Download QFil Flash Tool How to Use”