Here is a tutorial that will help you for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot download and Installation of latest version. It’s a command line most important tool that lets you communicate with a device allows you to push, modify, debug, and tweak system files very easily.
It also allows you to unlock your device’s bootloader with just few commands. So if you are into flashing, unlocking or rooting your Android smartphone, ADB and Fastboot are a must have tool for you, as an Android device owner.
What are ADB and Fastboot?
Android Debugging Bridge is generally used when the device is booted into the main Android OS, with USB debugging enabled in Developer Options.
Fastboot protocol is used when the device is booted into the Bootloader Mode, which is also commonly referred to as ‘Fastboot Mode’.
Will it work for me?
All Android-based devices are supported by ADB but Fastboot would only work if the manufacturer has included support for the Fastboot protocol. For example, Samsung devices deploy what’s called Download Mode and use a GUI tool called Odin to flash files. However, almost all other devices from mainstream manufacturers like Google, LG, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Xiaomi, Oneplus support Fastboot Mode.
Features of Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool:
- Easy to Install: ADB and Fastboot with a simple to use installer. Just read the onscreen instructions & press next.
- Lightweight: Total installation size is around 2 MB
- Supports both 32 Bit & 64 Bit OS
- Can be used as portable ADB and Fastboot tool.
Minimal ADB and Fastboot Download
Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4.3 latest version :
- In order to establish a successful ADB and Fastboot connection between the PC and the Android device, you must first download and install Android USB Drivers.
- Also, make sure to enable USB debugging on your Android phone.
How to Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool exe file.
- Double-click the downloaded ‘.exe’ file to start the installation.
- When the security warning window pops up, click on ‘Run’ and grant the User Access Controls.
- The Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup wizard should now open on the PC. Click on ‘Next’ and go through the given information.
- Again click on Next until you see the “Installation path” screen which asks to specify the folder you want to install the ADB files, by default, it is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot”. In additional task, Make sure to check ‘Create a desktop icon’ box.
- Finally, click on ‘Install’ to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on your Windows 7/8/10 PC.
Once you have installed the tool, launch the tool from the desktop icon named as “Minimal ADB and Fastboot”. You should now see a command window open, use ‘adb devices’ to verify the device connection over ADB.
The credits for the download links and the complete tool itself goes to the developer shimp208 at XDA-Developers forum. Please make sure that you visit the source link and show your appreciation to the developer.