Lineage OS 17 for Moto G2: Great! As expected Moto G 2014 gets Android 10 not officially, but via a Custom Rom update i.e Lineage OS 17.
If you are searching Lineage OS 17 installation guide on your Moto G 2nd generation. If yes, then you are at right place. Because here we share step by step guide to Download and Install Lineage OS 17 for Moto G. As we all know that the codename for Moto G2 first generation is titan.
Android 10 Lineage OS 17 ROM for Moto G2
Since the ROM is based on Android Q, you shall be able to enjoy all the new features like A system-wide dark mode, smart Reply for all messaging apps.
New easy sharing menu, quicker access to settings, a standard depth format. And also overhauled permissions, Wi-Fi sharing via QR code and Focus Mode.
Along with the official Android 10.0 features, the Lineage OS 17 also brings tons of features and customisation option which allows using your phone way beyond the Stock Firmware.
This ROM is bought to the users by xda forum Senior Member RenanQueiroz. Before we go ahead Lineage OS 17 Android Q download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at what is working and what is not.
According to the original XDA thread, the Rom is in alpha stage which in initial one. There are no major bugs present except selinux permissive. Although all major features are working very well.
- Take a full backup of all the data on the phone.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Your phone should be on the latest official build before flashing this ROM.
- Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device.
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements stated above before you follow the procedure below
Download Lineage OS 17.0
LineageOS 17.0 ROM Zip | Download Now
GApps for Android Q: OpenGApps (Currently not released)
Alternative GApps : Download Now
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to recognised developer ! Although we will try our best to keep this post updated. But we encourage you to always check the XDA thread to get the latest version available.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 for Moto G2 XT1068
- Download LineageOS 17.0 Rom and Nano Gapps zip files on to your Smartphone.
- Place it to phone’s external storage.
- Boot device into TWRP Mode.
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
- Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, then select the System partition and then Swipe to Wipe
- Return to TWRP settings, Tap Install button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory.
- Now approve the installation by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on Reboot System.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message Successful appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running LineageOS 17 ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Q-based Lineage OS 17 for Moto G2 XT1068. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below