Now you can taste the Android 10 on HTC One Max. In this guide we will help you to Install Lineage OS 17 for HTC One Max Android 10 (Q).
HTC One Max was released back in 2013 which makes it a 6-year-old device. The device first came with Android 4.3 jelly bean which was later upgraded to Android Lollipop. However , the development for this phone never stoping at all.
Android 10 Lineage OS 17 ROM for HTC One Max
Since the ROM is based on Android Q, you shall be able to enjoy all the new features like A system-wide dark mode, smart Reply for all messaging apps.
New easy sharing menu, quicker access to settings, a standard depth format. And also overhauled permissions, Wi-Fi sharing via QR code and Focus Mode.
Along with the official Android 10.0 features, the Lineage OS 17 also brings tons of features and customisation option which allows using your phone way beyond the Stock Firmware.
This ROM is bought to the users by xda forum Senior Member tarkzim. Before we go ahead Lineage OS 17 Android Q download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at what is working and what is not.
According to the original XDA thread, the Rom is in alpha stage which in initial one. There are some bugs present which are as follows
Bugs and Rom Status
Finger print sacnner, camera and FM Radio is buggy. You can’t use this Rom as a daily driver.
Here are some screenshots of Lineage OS 17 for HTC One Max Android 10.
- Take a full backup of all the data on the phone.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Your phone should be on the latest official build before flashing this ROM.
- Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device.
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements stated above before you follow the procedure below
Download Lineage OS 17.0
LineageOS 17.0 ROM Zip | Download Now
Supported Models : t6: t6ul, t6spr, t6vzw, t6tl(HTC_8088)
GApps for Android Q: OpenGApps (Currently not released)
The links were directly sourced from the original XDA thread, thanks to recognized developer ! Although we will try our best to keep this post updated. But we encourage you to always check the XDA thread to get the latest version available.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 for HTC One Max Android 10
- Download LineageOS 17.0 Rom and Nano Gapps zip files on to your Smartphone.
- Place it to phone’s external storage.
- Boot device into TWRP Mode.
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
- Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, then select the System partition and then Swipe to Wipe
- Return to TWRP settings, Tap Install button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory.
- Now approve the installation by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on Reboot System.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message Successful appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running LineageOS 17 ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Q-based Lineage OS 17 for HTC One Max t6. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below