Good news for Yandex Phone codename amber, finally gets the Official Lineage OS Custom ROM. In this article we will guide you to Install Lineage OS 16 for Yandex Phone based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The device was launched in December 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. But, you can enjoy the Android Pie on your device by installing Lineage OS 16 Custom ROM. Keep in mind, this is an official build of LineageOS so you don’t need to bother about updates.
To Install Lineage OS 16 on Yandex Phone (Amber), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and the latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on it.
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install Custom ROM on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- In order to flash Custom ROM, you must have Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP installed on your Yandex Phone.
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install Lineage OS 16 for Yandex Phone Android Pie
How To Install Lineage OS 16 for Yandex Phone Android Pie?
Step 1 : Download Lineage OS 16 and Android Pie Gapps
- Latest Official Lineage OS 16 for Yandex Phone amber | Download Now
- Android Pie Gapps (use the arm64 architecture) | Download Now
After downloading the above given files, place it to phone’s external storageand boot your phone into Recovery mode.
Step 2 : Boot into Recovery mode.
Switch off your device. With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. Release Power after vibro and keep holding both buttons until the “Yandex” logo appears on the screen, then release.
Alternatively, on some devices and recoveries you can use fastboot to boot directly into the freshly flashed recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
Tip: The file may not be named identically to what stands in this command, so adjust accordingly.
Step 3 : Install Lineage OS Custom ROM
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- Now tap Wipe>Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
- Return to the previous menu and tap Advanced Wipe, then select the System partition and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Tap Install button and select the ROM’s .zip file from the external memory. Approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on Reboot System.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running LineageOS 16 ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Pie-based Lineage OS 16 for Yandex Phone. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below