Bored with Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Stock Rom? Don’t worry! I’m here with Official Lineage OS 16 for Samsung S3 Neo Dual Sim based on Android 9.0 Pie. Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo codename s3ve3gjv/s3ve3gxx was launched in the year 2014 which came out of the box with Android 4.3 Jellybean and later upgraded to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo comes with a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED display with high definition resolution. It has a 1.2 GHz quad core processor and 1.5 GB of RAM for multitasking. Lineage OS is most popular custom ROM for Android devices. It is based on the Android Open Source Project with stock Android experience. LineageOS offers various customization options with some extra productivity features for your smartphone. It is the successor to the popular CyanogenMod ROM.
Android Pie-based LineageOS 16 ROM for Samsung S3 Neo
Since the ROM is based on Android Pie, you shall be able to enjoy all the new features like Adaptive Battery, Revamped Quick Settings and Notifications, Smart Replies, and more. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware.
This ROM is bought to the users by xda forum Senior Member Thargorsson. Before we go ahead Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I Lineage OS 16 Android Pie download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at what is working and what is not. According to the original XDA thread, the Rom is in beta stage. You can use this Rom as a daily driver but we hope developer will give us a stable version very soon. Here is the important detail about the ROM.
|Firmware version||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Source and credit||Xda | Lineage OS Team|
First of all, ensure that you fulfill all the requirements in order to successfully install Custom ROM on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, it would be wise to safeguard your data in case anything goes wrong.
- Very Important: Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo must be on latest stock firmware.
- In order to flash Custom ROM, you must have TWRP installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo. If you don’t have TWRP Recovery then download the latest TWRP for Samsung S3 Neo and follow our guide Install TWRP on Samsung using odin
- Last, ensure that you have charged your phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns in midst of the installation process.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install Lineage OS 16 for Samsung S3 Neo Android Pie
Install Lineage OS 16 for Samsung S3 Neo Android Pie
Step 1: Download Lineage OS 16 and Android Pie Gapps
- Latest Official Lineage OS 16 for s3ve3gjv | Download Now
- Lineage OS For s3ve3gxx| Download Now
- Lineage OS for s3ve3gds (Dual sim) | Download Now
- Android Pie Gapps | Download Now
After downloading the above given files, place it to phone’s external storageand boot your phone into Recovery mode.
Step 2: Boot into Recovery mode.
Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to PC. To enter into Recovery mode Press and hold down the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together for some time. It will boot your mobile into ‘Recovery mode’
Step 3: Install Custom ROM zip
- Download LineageOS 16.0 Rom and Nano Gapps zip files on to your Smartphone.
- Place it to phone’s external storage.
- Boot device into TWRP Mode.
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- (Only follow this step if your device storage is encrypted) In TWRP, clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, System, Vendor, and Data.
- Return to TWRP settings, Tap ‘Install’ button and select the ROM’s .zip file from the external memory.
- Now approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on ‘Reboot System’.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running LineageOS 16 ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Pie-based Lineage OS 16 for Samsung S3 Neo. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below