Good news for Samsung J1 2016 users. This guide is about how to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 Custom Rom for SM-J120H/DS Samsung J1 2016 baesd on Android Nougat. The Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) SM-J120H Android 5.1 Lollipop based model is the variant version of first dual sim card Galaxy J smart phone with dual standby. By installing unofficial LineageOS 14.1 you can enjoy Android 7.1.2 on your Galaxy J1 2016.
The 4.5″ FWVGA (480×854 pixels) super AMOLED model powered with Spreadtrum’s 28nm 1.2GHz quad-core WCDMA platform SC7727SE features a 1GB RAM, a Mali 400 GPU for high performance graphics, a 5 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front camera. It comes with 8GB on-board storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using MicroSD Card.
Android Nougat 7.1.2 Custom ROM for SM-J120H/DS Samsung J1 2016
Since the ROM is based on Android Nougat, you shall be able to enjoy all the new features like App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Don Not Disturb, Data Saver per App, seamless updates. Along with the official Android 7.1.2 features, the Lineage OS 14.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware.
This ROM is bought to the users by xda forum Senior Member PeterCxy. Before we go ahead Lineage OS 14.1 Android Nougat download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at Rom info, what is working and what is not.
|Firmware version||Nougat 7.1.2|
Somestimes Flashlight not work.
|Credit and Source||4pda.ru|
Here are some screenshots of Lineage OS 14.1 for Samsung J1 2016 Android Nougat.
- Take a full backup of all the data on the phone.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Your phone should be on the latest official build before flashing this ROM.
- Turn ON USB Debugging OEM Unlock
- Install latest TWRP Recovery in order to avoid any failure during installation process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Download and Install LineageOS 14.1 Custom Rom for SM-J120H/DS Samsung J1 2016
Step 1: Download Lineage OS 14.1 and Required Files
- Lineage OS 14.1 ROM v2 : Download
- Gapps : Download
- Latest Odin 3.13.3 for flashing TWRP : Download
- 3.3.1 TWRP Recovery: Download
Before we proceeding make sure the Samsung USB drivers should be properly installed on your PC or Laptop.
Step 2: Install TWRP for SM-J120H
Power Off your phone and boot into Download Mode while holding the Power, Volume Down and home buttons together. You shall now see the Warning prompt on the screen. Press the Volume Up button to confirm and enter Download Mode
- Launch the Odin tool by double-clicking on the “Odin3 V3.13.3.exe”
- The Odin tool will detect the phone and the “ID:COM” port will be turn to blue or highlighted.
- Extract the downloaded TWRP in Odin folder.
- Click on the AP slot buttons and select the recovery.tar file.
- Now, make sure that “Auto Reboot” is unchecked in the “Options” tab of the Odin tool.
- Finally, click on the “Start” button to flash latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung J1 2016
Once the flashing process finishes, you should see the “PASS!” message in Odin and your J1 2016 should have TWRP. To boot into recovery mode press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home Buttons together.
Step 3: Install Lineage OS 14.1 and Gapps
- Place the downloaded Lineage OS Rom and Gapss to phone’s external storage.
- Boot device into TWRP Mode.
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- (Only follow this step if your device storage is encrypted) In TWRP, clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, System, Vendor, and Data.
- Return to TWRP settings, Tap ‘Install’ button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory.
- Now approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on ‘Reboot System’.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running Lineage OS ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions. You can further root your Samsung J1 2016 on Android Nougat by flashing Magisk 20.1 using TWRP.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM for SM-J120H/DS. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below