Lenovo Zuk Edge Lineage OS 16 Android Pie Download and Installation Guide is right here for you. Lenovo Zuk Edge users are in for some great news as the industrious community of Android custom ROM developers have released the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 Custom ROM. This guide will help you to download and Install LineageOS 16 for Lenovo Zuk Edge.
Lenovo Zuk Edge powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro Chipset. It has 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. It was (codename: z2x) launched in December 2016. The handset came with Android 7.0 Nougat. However, you can taste the Android Pie on your phone by installing unofficial LineageOS 16.
Android Pie-based LineageOS 16 ROM for Lenovo Zuk Edge
Since the ROM is based on Android Pie, you shall be able to enjoy all the new features like Adaptive Battery, Revamped Quick Settings and Notifications, Smart Replies, and more. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware.
This ROM is bought to the users by 4pda.ru forum Senior Member al_mayorov. Before we go ahead Lenovo Zuk Edge Lineage OS 16 Android Pie download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at what is working and what is not. According to the original XDA thread, almost all the major features and functions work flawlessly. These include the following:
- Auto brightness
- Ambient display, inclusion on a double tap.
- Fingerprint scanner
- You do not need to wait about ten seconds to start the camera
While all major and basic functions work, there’s one disadvantage of four pre-installed chinese apps. Although you can easily remove these apps with the help of Root application. This may not possess a huge problem and if you can manage to overlook it, then follow the instructions below to install LineageOS 16.0 on Lenovo Zuk Edge.
- Take a full backup of all the data on the phone.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device.
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements stated above before you follow the procedure below
Download LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo Zuk Edge
LineageOS 16.0 ROM Zip | Download Now
GApps for Android Pie: OpenGApps
Lenovo Zuk Edge Lineage OS 16 Android Pie Installation
- Download LineageOS 16.0 Rom and Nano Gapps zip files on to your Smartphone.
- Place it to phone’s external storage.
- Boot device into TWRP Mode.
- Once entering the TWRP, Take Nandroid Backup. (In case of bootloop, you can easily restore your phone.)
- (Only follow this step if your device storage is encrypted) In TWRP, clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, System, Vendor, and Data.
- Return to TWRP settings, Tap ‘Install’ button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory.
- Now approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Repeat the above step and flash the GApps ZIP package this time.
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on ‘Reboot System’.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running LineageOS 16 ROM. So, go through the initial setup by following the on-screen instructions. You can further root your Lenovo Zuk Edge on Android Pie by flashing Magisk 17.1 using TWRP.
So, you have just been able to download and install Android Pie-based Lenovo Zuk Edge Lineage OS 16. If you have any questions, please leave them down in the comments.