Are you searching Best Android 10 Custom ROM for Moto X4? If yes! Then you are at right place. Now you can Download and Install Evolution X for Moto X4 based on Android 10.
Evolution X is a custom ROM which brings Google Pixel experience to your Android phone, with addons.
Motorola Moto X4 was launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo and Android Pie simultaneously.
Android 10 Rom Evolution X for Moto X4 Payton
Evolution X offers many unique features, such as accent colors, gesture navigation customizations, lock screen enhancements and much more. The OS provides frequent software updates and monthly security patches.
These ROM is perfect for the gamer who wish to get more chicken dinners with continuous high intensive gaming and at the same time there wont be lag performance, with gaming mode you can play games without getting interrupted by the notifications.
There is an inbuilt feature for screen recording, partial screenshot, double tap on status bar to lock the screen, Network meter on the status bar, option to turn off the screenshot sound.
This ROM is bought to the users by xda forum Senior Member Dinesh. Before we go ahead Evolution X Android Q download and Installation guide, let us take a quick look at screenshots and what are the requirements.
- Take a full backup of all the data on the phone.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the flashing process.
- Your phone should be on the latest official build before flashing this ROM.
- Latest TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device.
Now that you’re here for it, go ahead and follow the instructions below on how to Install Unofficial Evolution X on Moto X4 Android 10
Install Evolution X Custom ROM for Moto X4 Android 10
We will try our best to keep the download links up-to-date with the latest builds.
Step 1: Download Custom ROM and Additional files
- Evolution X ROM latest build | Download Now
- TWRP Installer zip | Download Now
- copy-partitions-payton.zip | Download Now
Important: Store the downloaded file in your device external storage or OTG Drive because in next step we will also format Internal storage.
Step 2: First Time ROM Installation step
The bootloader on the Moto X4 (payton) only comes installed on the active slot. So, DO NOT SWITCH SLOTS until you flash the “copy-partitions-payton.zip” file. This file will automatically install a copy of the bootloader from the active slot (say “a”) to the inactive slot (say “b”). Follow this step if you are installing the ROM for first time.
- Boot your device into TWRP mode.
- Take a full Nandroid Backup to external storage before this steps.(Recommended)
- In TWRP, Tap on wipe, select format data and swipe to confirm.
- Now again go back to wipe, click on advanced and select Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage and System.
- Click home button and tap on Install
- Navigate to the directory where the copy-partitions-payton.zip file was transferred.
- Select the file and swipe to confirm
That’s it! Now your device is ready to Install Unofficial Evolution X 4.0 Custom ROM.
Step 3: Install Evolution X ROM for Moto X4
- Skip step 2 if you have already on any Custom ROM.
- Return to TWRP home, Tap Install button and select the ROM’s .zip file in the external memory. Now add one more zip which is ‘TWRP installer zip’. (Why TWRP Installer zip? Because you will lose your current Installed TWRP Recovery)
- Now approve the installation by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash
- We need to Install Gapps in order to use Google Apps and services. Tap home button and select the gapps zip by tapping Install
- After the flashing process is complete, tap on Reboot System.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, it will ask you to Reboot. Select System to boot your phone, thus completing installation. When your phone boots, it shall be running Android 10 Evolution X 4.0 ROM.
Want to Root Moto X4 on Android 10?
- Download Magisk latest zip. (Magisk 20.3 Recommended)
- Boot your device into TWRP mode.
- Tap on Install button and select the magisk.zip
- After selecting the right zip file swipe to flash
- Lastly, Reboot system now.
So, I hope you have just been able to download and Install Unofficial Evolution X on Moto X4 Android 10 and Root via Magisk. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below